Who We Are: Solidigm is a leading global provider of innovative NAND flash memory solutions. We launched as a U.S.-based subsidiary of SK hynix, Inc., the world’s second-largest memory chip maker, on December 29, 2021, following an October 2020 agreement by SK hynix to acquire Intel’s NAND and SSD business.
What We Do: At Solidigm, we believe data is one of the world’s most important resources and a force for good. Our partners are realizing this potential – the pioneers, leaders, risk-takers, and agents of change who wield the world’s data for unstoppable human advancement.
We believe our new paradigm of data storage will make us the global leader in NAND. This is reflected in our name – a combination of the words “solid” and “paradigm.”
As we approach our first anniversary on December 29, here are just a few of the ways we have changed the paradigm in our first year.
- Combining Solidigm & SK hynix’s data center expertise: Announced in April, the P5530, an enterprise SSD, was a collaboration between Solidigm and SK hynix. It combines SK hynix’s 128-layer NAND Flash with Solidigm’s SSD controller and firmware expertise.
- Expanding our data center offerings: The D7-P5520 and the D7-P5620 product lines were also added in April and are tuned for real-world cloud and enterprise workloads.
- Upgrading clients’ data performance: The P41 Plus is an innovative PCIe 4.0 product that delivers the industry’s best combination of performance and value to PC users for everyday productivity and gaming.
- The premier SSD for enthusiasts: The P44 Pro SSD, announced in October, is a high-performance client SSD for today’s most demanding workloads. With blazing-fast speed and excellent power efficiency, the P44 Pro is the world’s premier SSD for enthusiasts.
- The world’s first working Penta-Level Cell (PLC) SSD was demonstrated during the company’s keynote at Flash Memory Summit. A penta-level cell SSD stores five bits of data per memory cell and can store 25% more data in the same footprint compared to quad-level cell (QLC) SSDs. The added storage in the same space will allow for future cost, space, and energy usage savings for solid-state storage.
- At Open Commute Summit and at Tech Storage Field Day, Solidigm shared plans for fourth gen 192-layer QLC 30.72TB and 61.44TB solutions, delivering rapid access to more data more efficiently.
- We chose the City of Rancho Cordova, in the Greater Sacramento Area to build our new U.S. global research and development (R&D) campus – an investment of more than $100 million. We are eagerly anticipating a move-in date within the first quarter of 2023.
- As the year draws to a close, we are opening a new operations center in Gdańsk, Poland, to support the needs of engineers focused on developing advanced firmware and software to power the storage devices of tomorrow.
- Solidigm’s team-ﬁrst culture ensures that we operate according to our values of customer-inspired, invention, excellence, agility, openness and partnership. In our first year, our team has put these tenets of our culture into daily practice. Going forward, we will continue applying these values to maximize impact for customers and partners, as we strive to become the top data storage company in the world.